Low-Fat Weight Watchers Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Recipes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Servings: 5 (One serving = 2 mozzarella sticks)
Total Calories: 224 kcal
Ingredients And Quantity
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 10 pieces mozzarella string cheese I used Weight Watchers Smoked Flavor
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
1. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
2. Create a workstation by adding the flour, bread crumbs, and eggs to separate bowls.
3. Dip each string of cheese in flour, then egg, and last the breadcrumbs.
4. Freeze the sticks for one hour so that they harden. This will help the cheese maintain the stick shape while frying.
5. Season your Air Fryer basket before each use so that items do not stick. I like to glaze the basket with coconut oil using a cooking brush.
6. Turn the Air Fryer on 400 degrees. Add the sticks to the fryer.
7. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove the basket.
8. Flip each stick. You can use tongs, but be careful not to manipulate the shape. I used my hands to flip them. They weren't too hot.
9. Cook for an additional 8 minutes.
10. Allow the sticks to cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan. Some of the sticks may leak cheese on the outside.
11. Allow the sticks to cool, and then use your hands to correct the shape.