Egg-Free Salad Sandwich is an awesome meal that favourably replaces other sandwiches. It mainly serve as a breakfast and can also be used as any other main meal, very rich in protein mineral and a good source of fiber. The tofu egg-less salad contain no cholesterol. This makes it the best healthy meal for everyone.
Makes 4 sandwiches
See Also: Air Roast Chicken With Tomatoes - Step By Step Recipe
- 1 12-ounce package extra firm tofu
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 small pickle, diced
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Indian Black Salt (kala namak) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bread, tomato, lettuce, or other desired
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin sandwich fixings
1. Wrap the tofu in a paper towel, then a clean dish towel. Press by leaving between two heavy pots for about 10 minutes. Replace the soaked dish towel with another dry towel and press for another 5 minutes. Chop up the tofu into non uniform chunks or cubes.
2. Toss tofu in a bowl with the vegan mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice or vinegar, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir in the celery, pickle, and onions. Season with salt, pepper, and black salt if using. Use less salt if also using black salt, which adds a great egg-y flavor.
3. Toast bread before assembling your sandwiches and serve with your favorite fixings.
See Also: Egg in a Hole With Roasted Vegetables Recipe - Simplified Steps
I know you have some contributions to make on how to make an egg-free salad sandwich. Feel free to comment it on the comment section below. Please help us to reach your social media friends by clicking any of the share buttons below.