A good and harmonious sexual relationship in a family is a cement that among other things binds the couples together, overlook several shortcomings in either of the spouse, put a quick, end to a disagreement however fundamental and protects and prevents extra-marital affairs. More importantly, a harmonious sexual relationship between spouses promotes health and lengthens life. Apart from infections and diseases, men rarely have low libido when compared to the cases of women especially ageing mothers. From experience, I understood that the main causes of low sexual desire are fatigue, lack of communication and intimacy in the relationship, lifestyle changes, getting older and physical or hormonal changes that come along with childbirth, menopause and even contraception. One hard truth is that up till date, there is no magic cure for low libido for husband and wife. The step to managing or combating this problem is to first know your problem and some possible causes.
CASES OF LOSS OF SEXUAL INTEREST
Difficulties in areas of sexual interest between spouses are seldom discounted. In the circular world, each member satisfies his or her sexual appetite using sinful worldly members. Since the use and measure of sexual can be influenced by the devil. It is important to avoid this trap.
Four categories of loss of interest which are related will be discussed. These are non-exhaustive.
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. A disorder in which sexual fantasies and desire for sexual activities are persistently or recurrently diminished or absent, causing marked difference or interpersonal difficulties. It affects 20% of women and 120% of men.
- Sexual awareness discover, persistence or recurrent aversion to and avoidance all or almost all gentle sexual contacts with a partner causing a marked distress or interpersonal difficulties
- Sexual dysfunction due to physical disorder. Clinical significant sexual dysfunction that causes personal distresses or interpersonal problems and it’s most likely fully explained by direct physiological effects of a physical disorder
- Substance induced sexual dysfunction. Sexual dysfunction that caused personal distressed or interpersonal problems and it’s fully explained by substance abuse or develops during or within a month of substance intoxication.
GENERAL CAUSES OF LOSS OF SEXUAL DESIRE
The causes of loss of sexual interest are:
Hypoactive Sexual Desire
- Poorly defined hormonal environment, poor sexual aspiration ad motivation (i.e the thought of it)
- Boredom or unhappiness in a long standing relationship
- Dependence on alcohol or psychoactive drugs
- Side effect of prescription drugs e.g. antihypertensive drugs and antidepressants
- Hormonal insufficiency
- Life-causes include
1. A traumatic effect in childhood or adolescence
2. Suppression of sexual fantasies
3. Dysfunction family
4. Deficient level of androgens (male hormones) tesiosone is needed by both males and females for sexual desire.
Sexual Aversion Disorder:
- Sexual trauma: incest; sexual abuse and rape
- Repressive atmosphere in the family sometimes enhanced by orthodox or rigid religious training
- Install attempts at intercourse that resulted in a painful experience
- Acquired after a period of normal functioning, which may be:
1. Partner related.
2. Trauma or painful experience.
3. Fear or panic (usually unrealistic fear).
4. Situation where the relation is incongruent with previous orientation.
- Atrophic virginities (comes with advancing age)
- Heart diseases
- Diabetes mellitus
- Hormonal imbalances e.g. hypogonelel, hyper prolactincemis
- General trauma
- Infectious diseases
- Neurological disorders
- Multiple scioecsis/strokes
GENERAL CURE FOR LOSS OF SEXUAL INTEREST
It’s more appropriate to say management.
Hypoactive sexual disorders-find the causes and treat accordingly:
- If it is due to marital difficulties –settle this
- If due to psychological or psychiatric disorders
- Due to physical disorder
A good counselling or series of counseling with a mature counseling will help in issues due to marital problems. It is best for both parties to explain their feelings. Loss of interest in sexual activities that may be due to other illness, should be handled by doctors qualified in such specially.
- Aversion disorder
- Remove the cause
Marital Therapy for Interpersonal Difficulties
- Drug treatment for unreasonable fear or panic
- Physical disorder –treatment of the physical disorder resolves the problems of lost of sexual interest
- Drugs –the purpose of the drug may determine the wisdom in its withdrawal. However, when the drug causing loss of sexual interest is withdrawn interest returns
CAUSES OF LOW SEXUAL DESIRE IN WOMEN AND SOLUTIONS
It has been proven that women suffer loss of sexual desire more than men. The Medical Associations of various countries confirmed that more than 50 percent of married women suffer from ‘female sexual arousal disorder’. Here are some possible causes of low libido in women, though some also apply to men.
CAUSES OF LOW LIBIDO IN WOMEN
Anemia often leads to loss Red Blood Cells or the lack of formation of red cells. Also, hemorrhagic anemia which is often characterized by excessive menstrual leads to low libido or low sex drive in women.
Too much intake of anti-depressant drugs, high blood pressure drugs and some other oral contraceptive reduces sex urge in women.
Stress and Overwork:
Women who overwork themselves or stressed up find it difficult to have sexual desire because their brains are always occupied with the memory of the strenuous activities they had and most time, have no room for love making, even when their husband makes a love move.
Past Sexual Abuse or Rape:
Women most times occupy their mind with the memory of their previous experience of a particular incidence. If such women once had a rape or sexual abuse experience, there is a higher tendency that she will always allow these memory to distract her when making love to her husband.
SOLUTIONS TO LOW LIBIDO IN WOMEN
Most of the causes of low sexual desire in women are as a result of their mindset and habits. Once you are able to discover these bad habits that inhibit the free flow of your sex drive, try as much as you can to break off these habits. With time, your libido will normalize again.
There are other solutions like taking some natural treatments like roots and herbs (but be very cautious). Another solution is to seek the medical advice from your doctor.
CAUSES OF IMPOTENCE IN MEN
Impotence in a man may be caused by:
- Psychological reasons
- Norma and sustain erection during foreplay lost at the moment of intromission
- Normal erection with some sexual partners but failure with others
- Sudden onset of impotent in a man under 40 years of age
- Alternating periods of normal functioning and total impotence
- Abnormally with blood vessels-abnormal developments in the blood vessels supplying blood to the penis (arterio-genic) and removing blood flow from the penis (venogenic) may affect potency in males
- Drugs that may affect potency include antihypertensive, alcohol, psychotropic
- Diabetes mellitus –impotence occurs in over 50% of men with diabetes mellitus
- Surgery – some operations are associated with impotence in men e.g. after surgery for enlarged prostate.
- Injury in the penis e.g. fractures.
In conclusion, like I have always said, low libido especially in women can often be manged rather than cured out-rightly because it comes with age. So discover the symptoms peculiar to you and also the best solution for you.
I know you have some contributions to make please I will like be glad to see them in the comment section below. Please help us to reach your social media friends by clicking any of the share buttons below.