This is the last day of the search for divine wisdom and knowledge. If you have followed strictly in this search, by now you must have been transformed and filled with divine wisdom and knowledge.
Today’s reflection will be on the 3 hated nations and know why they are hated. We will also reflect on the wisdom of Jesus son of Sirach, a song of thanksgiving and finally on the search for wisdom. I will also tell you what to do it order to get and retain divine wisdom and knowledge.
SUB THEMES FOR DAY'S REFLECTION
1. A benediction (50.22 – 50.24)
2. Three hated nations (50.25 - 50.26)
3. A song of thanksgiving (51.1 – 51.12)
4. The search for wisdom (51.13 – 51.30)
Now click Here to read words of divine wisdom of God through Sirach (50.22 – 51.30)
REFLECTIONS, WISE QUOTES AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR TODAY
1. Now then, give praise to the God of the universe, who has done great things everywhere, who brings us up from the time we are born, and deals with us mercifully (50.22)
THE 3 HATED NATIONS AND WHY GOD HATED THEM
The three detested nation are:
a) The Edomites
b) The Philistine cities
c) The Samaritans
Now, I will tell you why these nations are hated.
WHY THE NATIONS WERE HATED
• The Edomites are the descendants of Esau the twin brother of Jacob. He is also called Edom. They were hated and cursed by God (Read Ezekiel 25.12-25.14) because they were cruel to the people of God Israel when they were returning from Egypt. The Edomites refused to let the people of Israel pass through their land and they also attacked Israel (Read Numbers 20.14-20.21).
• The Philistine cities were hated and cursed by God (Read Ezekiel 25.15-25.17) because they challenged the Israelites and always engage in battle with them.
• God hated the city of Samaria because they made Israel to rebel against the Lord and therefore he cursed them.
The Lord hated and cursed these nations because they rejected and misled the people of Israel, God’s chosen people.
Never for any reason mislead or work against a child of God because God will revenge.
THE WISDOM OF JESUS SON OF SIRACH – MORAL LESSONS
Jesus son of Sirach Eleazar of Jerusalem acquired divine wisdom and knowledge and he put it in writing to help those also seek wisdom and knowledge. He was never selfish nor kept his wisdom to himself rather he used it to help others.
Never be selfish with the gifts God has given to you. Use them to help others and to draw souls to God.
A SONG OF THANKSGIVING – THE IMPORTANT OF THANKSGIVING
When Jesus son of Sirach received wisdom, he praised the Lord and thanked him. He showed gratitude to God for giving him wisdom and knowledge.
Learn to be thankful to God in all situations.
THE SEARCH FOR WISDOM – HOW TO FIND HER
Wisdom is the greatest gift from God. And God gives wisdom to those he wishes to give and to those who seek wisdom. Jesus son of Sirach seeked and prayed for wisdom and was determined to find her. He fought for her and was strict in his conduct.
Another thing that helped him find wisdom was that he kept himself from sin. Keep away from sin and you will find wisdom. It costs nothing else but determination to find wisdom, even if it costs you any other thing, it worth’s it. You don’t need to study in order to find wisdom because it is a gift from God.
CLOSING PRAYER FOR TODAY
(Recite with deep faith)
Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me divine wisdom and understanding. Help me to use her to help others and to serve you diligently – Amen.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
ANOTHER HOT BOOK OF THE YEAR
This book contains a twenty day reflection and search for divine wisdom and knowledge. It also contains up 300 wise quotes and food for thought from the book of sirach some powerful prayers at the end of each day.
Click to Get it now! for $5.25 only.
Or you can read and download it for free as long as the free promo lasts.
The promo starts on Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 December 2016.
Click Here to read and download this book for free.
Don't forget to drop your reviews.
Don’t miss out!
Labels: Tour in Divine Wisdom and Knowledge