Today’s reflection is centered on: Sin, wisdom and foolishness, laziness and foolishness, friendship and finally, a prayer for help against sin.
Jesus the son of Sirach tells you today, how to avoid and run away from sin and also how to repent wholeheartedly from sin. He advises you to be poor and pure of heart so that God will always hear your prayers quickly.
He also went further to differentiate explicitly between wisdom and foolishness, a wise person and a foolish person. According to him, a wise person’s knowledge is like a river that never runs dry, like an ever flowing stream of good advice. And on the other hand, a fool has a mind like a jar with a hole in it; anything he learns is soon lost.
Jesus also compared laziness and foolishness with dung which no one will like to get near it. He also advises parents to discipline their children so that they will not be lazy and foolish in the future.
He also spoke about friendship and how to maintain and keep a long-lasting friendship and advises you to avoid offending your friends.
Finally, he wrote a prayer for help against sin. Endeavour to say the prayer meditatively.
SUB THEMES FOR TODAY'S REFLECTION
1. Sin (21.1 – 21.10)
2. Wisdom and foolishness (21.11 – 21.28)
3. Laziness and foolishness (22.1 – 22.18)
4. Friendship (22.19 – 22.26)
5. A prayer for help against sin (22.27 – 23.6)
Now click Here to read words of divine wisdom of God through Sirach (22.27 – 23.6)
REFLECTIONS, WISE QUOTES AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR TODAY
1. Do you want to run away from sin?
Then don’t do it again, and pray for forgiveness for what you have already done (21.1). Also accept correction and fear the Lord (21.6)
2. Be careful on the road you chose because the road that sinners walk is smooth and paved, but it leads to the world of the dead (21.10).
3. It is very easy to differentiate between a fool and a wise person.
Fools say whatever comes to their mind while wise people think before the speak (21.26).
4. Discipline your children because it is a disgrace to a fatter to have an undisciplined child, especially if it is a daughter (22.3).
Also know that lecturing your children can sometimes be as out of place as singing to people mourning, but a whipping is a wise choice of discipline at any time (22.6).
5. Avoid lazy and foolish people because such people are a heavier burden to bear than lead and the only word that fits them is “fools” (22.14).
6. If you want to keep a long-lasting friendship, then avoid the following:
(i) Never insult a friend
(ii) Never be arrogant to a friend
(iii) Never reveal a friend’s secret
(iv) Never turn on him unexpectedly (22.20 – 22-22)
7. Do you want to gain the confidence of your neighbour?
Then stand by him when he is in trouble if you want to share with him when better times come his ways (22.23)
8. Say this prayer everyday if you need God’s help against sin (note it down):
O Lord, my father, God of my life, keep me from being arrogant protect me from evil desires. Keep me from being overcome by greed or lust. Do not leave me at the mercy of these shameless passions – Amen.
CLOSING PRAYER FOR TODAY
(Recite with deep faith)
Lord Jesus, help me to avoid sin and all that leads to sin. Remove from me any character that portrays laziness and foolishness. Fill me with your divine wisdom so that I will never offend my friends – Amen.
Now click Here to go back for today's reflections, wise quotes and food for thought.
ANOTHER HOT BOOK OF THE YEAR
This book contains a twenty day reflection and search for divine wisdom and knowledge. It also contains up 300 wise quotes and food for thought from the book of sirach some powerful prayers at the end of each day.
Or you can read and download it for free as long as the free promo lasts.
The promo starts on Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 December 2016.
Click Here to read and download this book for free.
A COMPANION BOOK
This book: Twenty Days Readings From The Book Of Sirach was written in King James Version (KJV). Its sub title was arranged as found in the Revised Standard Version Bible and The Good News Bible. This ebook reveals some hidden or secret wisdom and knowledge.
Don't forget to drop your reviews.
Labels: Tour in Divine Wisdom and Knowledge