Today’s reflection centers on the consequences of taking oaths, filthy talk and sexual sins, in praise of wisdom, wisdom and the law and finally, people who deserve praise.
Jesus son of Sirach takes his time to share with you, the consequences of taking oaths, filthy talks and sexual sins. According to him, sexual passion is a hot, blazing fire that cannot be put out at will, it can only burn itself out and advises you to avoid it.
He also took his time to praise wisdom and advises you to hunger and thirst for wisdom.
Jesus also tried to compare wisdom and the law. According to him, wisdom is the law which Moses commanded us to keep, the covenant of God Most High, the inheritance of the synagogue of Israel. And also that wisdom is vast and can never be completely comprehended.
He finally listed some set of people who deserve praise and encourages you to emulate theme.
SUB THEMES FOR TODAY'S REFLECTION
1. Taking oaths (23.7 – 23.11)
2. Filthy talk (23.12 – 23.15)
3. Sexual sins (23.16 – 23.28)
4. In praise of wisdom (24.1 – 24.22)
5. Wisdom and the law (24.23 – 24.34)
6. People who deserve praise (25.1 – 25.12)
Now click Here to read words of divine wisdom of God through Sirach (23.7 – 25.12)
REFLECTIONS, WISE QUOTES AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR TODAY
1. Never fall into the habit of taking oaths, and don’t use God’s holy name too freely because anyone who is always taking an oath by the Holy name will never be free of sin (23.9 – 23.10).
2. Never fall into the habit of coarse, profane talk. It is sinful.
You might forget yourself while in the company of important people and make a fool of yourself with some foul word that comes to you naturally (23.13 – 23.14).
3. Avoid sexual passion because a man who lives for nothing but sexual enjoyment will keep on until that fire destroys him (23.16).
4. Wisdom is the word spoken by the Most High which covered the earth like a mist (24.3).
5. Wisdom is created in eternity before time began, and will exist for all eternity to come (24.9).
6. Obey the words of wisdom and you will never have cause for embarrassment. Do as it says, and you will be safe from sin (24.22).
7. Wisdom is so vast that the first human being ever created never knew wisdom completely and the last person on earth will not succeed in knowing it completely (24.28).
8. There are 3 things that are beautiful to the Lord and people alike. They are:
i) Brothers who get along with each other
ii) Neighbours who are friends
iii) Married couple who are happy together (25.1)
Are you among any of them?
9. There are 3 kinds of people whose behavior are highly offensive. They are:
i) Poor people who are arrogant
ii) Rich people who lie
iii) Foolish old men who commit adultery (25.2)
Examine and judge yourself.
10. Try to learn while you are young. Unless you learn what you can while you are young, you will never be wise when you reach old age (25.3).
11. Of the ten kinds of people that son of Sirach felt fortunate to know, the greatest one of all is the person who fears the Lord.
Such a person has no equal, because the fear of the Lord is the most important thing in the world (25.7 – 25.11)
CLOSING PRAYER FOR TODAY
(Recite with deep faith)
Lord Jesus, the creator of wisdom, remove from me, the habits of taking oaths, filthy talks and sexual sins. And help me to be those things that are beautiful to you – Amen.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
ANOTHER HOT BOOK OF THE YEAR
This book contains a twenty day reflection and search for divine wisdom and knowledge. It also contains up 300 wise quotes and food for thought from the book of sirach some powerful prayers at the end of each day.
Click to Get it now! for $5.25 only.
Or you can read and download it for free as long as the free promo lasts.
The promo starts on Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 December 2016.
Click Here to read and download this book for free.
Don't forget to drop your reviews.
Don’t miss out!
Labels: Tour in Divine Wisdom and Knowledge