Today’s reflection is centered on: Loose and inappropriate talks, knowing when to talk, recognition of wisdom, sudden change of fortune and stewardship of wisdom.
Jesus the son of Sirach tells you today the consequences of Loose and inappropriate talks and why you should avoid them. He also tells you the best time and way to talk and also advices you to talk. He also tells you how to recognize real wisdom from a show of wisdom exhibited by a fool.
Jesus also brings to your notice that fortunes whether good or bad can suddenly change and so shouldn’t be trusted. Finally, he spoke of the stewardship of wisdom and advises you to speak wisely so as to get ahead in the world.
SUB THEMES FOR TODAY'S REFLECTION
1. Loose talk (19.6 – 19.19)
2. Recognizing real wisdom (19.20 – 19.30)
3. Knowing when to talk (20.1 – 20.8)
4. Sudden changes of fortune (20.9 - 20.17)
5. Inappropriate talk (20.18 – 20.26)
6. Stewardship of wisdom (20.27 – 20.32)
Now click Here to read words of divine wisdom of God through Sirach (19.6 – 20.32)
REFLECTIONS, WISE QUOTES AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR TODAY
1. Do you really want to avoid a lot of troubles in life?
Then avoid idle talk, and you will avoid a lot of troubles. Never repeat what you hear, and you will have no regrets. Don’t tell it to your friends or enemies unless it would be sinful to keep it to yourself (19.6 – 19.8).
2. Do you want to be at peace with your neighbor always?
Then when you hear something that makes you angry with your neighbour, ask him about it before you threaten him. Then leave the matter to the law of the Most High (19.17).
3. Do you want to recognize real wisdom?
Then fear the Lord and keep his law. That is what wisdom is all about (19.20).
4. Do you know that the characters of mischievous people show in the way they dress, the way they laugh and the way the walk? (19.30)
Yes that is very true. So avoid them.
5. Do you want to avoid embarrassment?
Then admit when you are wrong and you will avoid embarrassment (20.3).
6. It is very easy to recognize a wise man and a fool. A wise man will not speak until the right moment, but a bragging fool doesn’t know when that time is.
7. Bad luck can sometimes lead to success, and a stroke of good luck can sometimes lead to loss (10.9).
God has made it to be so.
8. Avoid inappropriate talks because a slip of the tongue is worse than a slip on the pavement.
The wicked go to ruin just as sudden as a person slips and falls (20.18).
9. Do you know that if you are too poor to afford sin, you can rest without a guilty conscience? (20.21).
10. If you are wise, always express your wisdom because wisdom that is not expressed is like a treasure that has been hidden – both are useless.
But a person who covers up his foolishness is better than one who keeps his wisdom to himself (20.30 – 20.31).
CLOSING PRAYER FOR TODAY
(Recite with deep faith)
Lord Jesus, deliver me from loose and inappropriate talks. May I know when to talk and when not to talk. Help me to recognize real wisdom and may I always express the wisdom you have given to me in my day to day activities – Amen.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
ANOTHER HOT BOOK OF THE YEAR
This book contains a twenty day reflection and search for divine wisdom and knowledge. It also contains up 300 wise quotes and food for thought from the book of sirach some powerful prayers at the end of each day.
Click to Get it now! for $5.25 only.
Or you can read and download it for free as long as the free promo lasts.
The promo starts on Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 December 2016.
Click Here to read and download this book for free.
Don't forget to drop your reviews.
Don’t miss out!
Labels: Tour in Divine Wisdom and Knowledge