Today’s reflection will focus on some miscellaneous advice of wisdom how you should relate with others, advice about women and then we will also reflect on some situations where you should apply common sense.
Jesus the son of Sirach advices you today on some important principles of wisdom that you over look which really counts. He went further to correct some common mistakes we make in our relationship with our fellow men, which do not please the Lord. And then directs us on the use of our common sense in some critical situations.
He also touched another aspect of lives especially in men’s lives which is our relationship with women.
Just take your time and study the words of wisdom of Jesus son of Sirach below.
SUB THEMES FOR TODAY'S REFLECTION
1. Miscellaneous advice (7.1 – 7.17)
2. Relationship with others (7.18 – 7.36)
3. Using common sense (8.1 – 8.19)
4. Advice about women (9.1 – 9.9)
Now click Here to read words of divine wisdom of God through Sirach (7.1 – 9.9)
REFLECTIONS, WISE QUOTES AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR TODAY
(Reflect over these words of wisdom)
1. How best can you avoid people’s offenses?
Simply by doing no wrong and being upright because if you do no wrong, then no wrong will never come to you (7.1- 7.2)
2. The worst thing you can do to a friend is to betray him.
Don’t betray a friend for money. Don’t betray a real friend for all the gold in the world (7.18)
3. It is not just giving your daughters hand in marriage to a man, but giving her to s sensible man (7.25). Be wise.
4. You are bound to honour and respect priests. Supply them with what you have been commanded to give: the first produce, the offering for sin, the shoulder of sacrificial animal and all the required sacrifices and offerings (7.29).
5. Do you want to be loved and honoured by men and get God’s blessings?
Then you have to give help to the poor and be generous to every living soul, mourn with the bereaved and don’t hesitate to visit the sick. And then you will be loved by God and men. (7.32 – 7.36).
6. Never lend anything to someone more guarantee anyone else’s loan if you can’t afford such loan. These are words of wisdom in financial areas of lives (8.12 – 8.13). Use your common sense.
7. Never surrender your dignity to a woman and keep away from other men’s wives (9.2).
8. Don’t look too long on a beautiful woman and don’t let your mind dwell on the beauty of any woman who is not you wife (9.8).
CLOSING PRAYER FOR TODAY
(Recite with deep faith)
Lord Jesus, help me to build a good relationship with my fellow man and may I use my common sense well during critical situations. May I never hunger or desire for anything that does not belong to me and save me from the temptation of women – Amen.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
ANOTHER HOT BOOK OF THE YEAR
This book contains a twenty day reflection and search for divine wisdom and knowledge. It also contains up 300 wise quotes and food for thought from the book of sirach some powerful prayers at the end of each day.
Click to Get it now! for $5.25 only.
Or you can read and download it for free as long as the free promo lasts.
The promo starts on Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 December 2016.
Click Here to read and download this book for free.
Don't forget to drop your reviews.
Don’t miss out!
Labels: Tour in Divine Wisdom and Knowledge