Today’s reflection centers on honesty, advice about women and on some ungodly acts such as foolish talk, hypocrisy, resentment, betraying secrets, vicious talk and arguments.
Jesus son of Sirach took his time to address each of these acts, telling you the consequences and how to overcome such habits.
He also tells you the consequences of marrying a bad wife and advises women to be good and gracious wife that extend the life of their husbands with their good deeds.
SUB THEMES FOR TODAY'S REFLECTION
1. Advice about women (25.13 – 26.28)
2. Sad observations (26.28 – 27.3)
3. Speech reflects true feelings (17.4 – 27.7)
4. Honesty (27.8 – 27.10)
5. Foolish talk (27.11 – 27.15)
6. Betraying secrets (27.16 – 27.21)
7. Hypocrisy (27.22 – 27.19)
8. Resentment (27.30 – 28.7)
9. Arguments (28.8 – 28.12)
10. Vicious talk (28.13 – 28.26)
Now click Here to read words of divine wisdom of God through Sirach (25.13 – 28.26)
REFLECTIONS, WISE QUOTES AND FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR TODAY
1. Be very careful on how you deal with women because compared with the troubles caused by a woman, any other trouble look small (25.19).
2. Be careful and never lose your head over a woman’s beauty and don’t try to win a woman because she is wealthy (25.21).
All these will fade away with time. Then you will see her real character.
3. Dear bachelors, always pray for a good wife because the husband of a good wise is fortunate man. He will live twice as long because of her (26.1).
4. Dear spinsters and wives, always be a good and gracious wife because a gracious wife is her husband’s delight. Her abilities make him a stronger man (26.13).
5. There are three kinds of people that the Lord hates and will punish with death:
a) A soldier who has become poor
b) Intelligent people who are not respected
c) A righteous person who turns to evil (26.28)
Be careful and wise!
6. As it is hard to remove a peg that is tuck between two stones of a house, so it is also very difficult to remove dishonesty from buying and selling (27.2).
7. Never praise anyone before you hear him talk. That is the real test of wisdom (27.7).
8. Always try to be honest in all you do. If you try to be honest, you can be, and it will improve your character as handsome clothing improves your appearance (27.8).
9. When you find yourself with stupid people, look for some excuse to leave, but when you are with serious minded people stay as long as you can (27.12).
10. Never for any reason betray your friends secret because wounds can be bandaged and insults can be forgiven, but if you betray a confidence, it is hopeless (27.21)
11. Be careful and never hurt others with your hypocrisy because people who hurt others will be hurt by their own actions and will have no idea why (27.27).
12. Never bear grudges against your neighbours. You cannot expect the Lord to pardon you while you are bearing a grudge against someone else (28.3).
13. Instead of getting upset over your neighbours faults, overlook them (28.7).
14. Avoid arguments. If you stay out of arguments, you will not sin so much, because a hot temper gets them started (28.8).
15. Guard your tongue. A whip can raise welt, but a vicious tongue can break bones (28.17).
16. Be very careful with what you say. Weigh every word, and have a lock ready for your month (28.25).
CLOSING PRAYER FOR TODAY
(Recite with deep faith)
Lord Jesus, deliver me from the temptation of women and from ungodly acts. Guard my tongues so that I may only use it to praise you – Amen.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE
ANOTHER HOT BOOK OF THE YEAR
This book contains a twenty day reflection and search for divine wisdom and knowledge. It also contains up 300 wise quotes and food for thought from the book of sirach some powerful prayers at the end of each day.
Click to Get it now! for $5.25 only.
Or you can read and download it for free as long as the free promo lasts.
The promo starts on Wednesday 14 to Sunday 18 December 2016.
Click Here to read and download this book for free.
Don't forget to drop your reviews.
Don’t miss out!
Labels: Tour in Divine Wisdom and Knowledge